The Edwardsville location is operating under normal business hours, while the East Alton location is by appointment only.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
In light of precautions being taken to protect all customers from COVID-19, steps are being taken to minimize contact with site staff. Staff will wear masks and gloves, and will regularly sanitize their hands and the things they use for transactions, using products from the US EPA list.
Safety rules for Customers
In order to assure the health and safety of all, customers shall follow the below required guidelines. Workers may refuse service if a customer fails to comply with the below rules.
- Materials to be recycled must be in the hatchback area or trunk of the vehicle. Items placed in passenger seats or back seats can be refused.
- Customers must wear a mask to exit their vehicles to help unload if necessary. Otherwise remain in the vehicle and our workers will unload for you.
- Customers will unlock/open the trunk from inside the vehicle to allow workers to unload.
- Customers must wear a mask. If you have to communicate with site workers or make a payment, you must have your mask on.
- All small loose electronics, cables, cords, remotes, etc. should be bagged or boxed.
- Please be patient with our staff, as the recycling process may be moving a bit slower than normal in order to assure an appropriate spacing between everyone and correct precautions are being followed.
- If customers are not comfortable allowing our workers to unload their recyclable materials from their car (the trunk or hatchback area) and/or comfortable wearing a mask then please do not come to our facility.
- Customers under quarantine or isolation protocol are not allowed to come to our facility. If you have had COVID-19 in your household, you must be symptom-free for at least two weeks before delivering your electronics to a recycling drop-off or event. In addition, do not come if you are experiencing the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, rigors, myalgia, loss of taste, loss of smell, or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19.
Please contact us with any questions about these guidelines.